Saturday, August 6, 2011

L-O-V-E

Its that annoyingly happy word that can make or break your mood in mins. Its that word that for the bitter people makes us normal people look weak and out of control. Its that word that no matter who you are, you DO wish to hear it, feel it, and have it in your life. Then why is it, when we find it we run? Why is it when it is right there in our face being supportive, we ignore it? Why is it that the one feeling all humans look for in some fashion is so Katy Perry that we tend to just walk away from it?

Yes, this is once again that annoying topic that most of my friends think im obsessed with. Sue me. But here is my thought. Is it really obsession? Or is it simply a girl looking for something new? Looking for something to come home to? Looking for something to make all the monsters of life go away? I do not believe for one second that even the people that are "happy being single" are truly happy. I believe they have got so comfortable with who they are, where they are that they deal. It is a human reaction to want the feeling of love. I mean even Darth Vader wanted to feel it. Why else would he say "Luke, i am your father"? He was looking for accpectance. Love.

I think that the thing that floors me the most is people on the outside of a "relationship" giving advice when they are single and bitter. I recently came across this. Someone said to me "If he liked you, he would let you know by now. In some way he would tell you." Does this person not understand that not everyone loves the same way? Who am i to say this said man doesnt care about me? And why would i say that just because he isnt saying it in a way i know? Not everyone in the world moves at the same speed. So am i an idiot to even hang on to a tiny bit of hope that he will pick me? Am i an idiot to still care for someone who directly hasnt said he cared for me? Am i an idiot for being a hopeless romantic, knowing very well i could get my heart broken? Maybe so. But i ask you this one last question.

Would you rather be an idiot for love, or a bitter person having nothing to look forward to?

Me, im happy to be an idiot for love. It might hurt me more times then not. But i am 100% greatful for that hurt. Without that hurt i wouldnt be who i am. Without that hurt i wouldnt know what i know. And without that hurt i might never find that man that will finally make me cry tears of happiness.

No comments: