Tuesday, January 5, 2010

True Love. Imperfections. And random rant.

True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well being of one’s companion ~ Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley ~

After finding this quote my friend had on facebook i thought a lot about love. Love in a marriage, love in a family, love in God, love in the church, love in YOURSELF. It all applies. It has recently come to my attention through almost deciding to cut ties with one of my closest friends that i have many "issues" and many of them issues stem from not loving myself. Let me explain how i feel this quote applies to this.

"anxious concern for the well being of one's companion". Sure President Hinckley was speaking of a marriage love, but i believe this can apply to being concerned for our own inner companion. The Holy Ghost. It is something that i know i personally dont have "anxious concern of well being" for. Something that i hope to change. No, something I WILL change. I honestly believe that if we "provided for" our spirit more and for our bodies less that our individual lives would be happier, more carefree, and less drama. Bringing me to my final thought for the night.

As i realized that i wasn't anxiously concerned for the well being of my companion the Holy Ghost i saw many of my imperfections once again come into the light. And my "ah ha" radar went CRAZY! If i'm not taking care of my spirit how can i expect God to help me perfect my imperfections, thus making me happy? And if im not happy, how can i expect to make smart choices in my life that will lead me to exaltation. Therefore, if i'm not on a path to exaltation, why am i even alive?! HOLY AH HA BATMAN! It is 100% true that EVERY aspect of this church is linked together. Like i explained to a dear friend last night. If you believe in one part of the church, you believe in it all. For example, i have a lack of testimony of Joseph Smith and the Book Of Mormon. Not that i don't believe it. I just don't have a strong testimony of it. Although, i 100% believe in the family unit of the church, the proclamation to the family, the after life. So, if i believe in that i believe in God, if i believe in God i believe he spoke to Joseph Smith, and helped him translate the Book of Mormon. Thus, strengthening my testimony i didn't know was already solid.

I'm thankful for this mighty change in me. I'm thankful for a new year, new beginnings. I'm thankful for friends, real friends that put up with my drama. And forgive me for the dumb things i do. I'm thankful for the gospel in my life, and how it makes me automatic "sistas" with people i'm growing to love in my life. I am blessed.....truly blessed.

No comments: